Sunday, October 07, 2012

My Bedroom

I have to explain this post. Everywhere I go, I am surrounded by very talented women who are very talented at/ and love to decorate and redecorate their homes. It seems like these talented women can take any room and transform it from start to finish and actually enjoy the planning, prepping, painting, shopping, rearranging, coordinating..... I am NOT one of these women. I hate it all. I look at a room, any room, and think "eh, it looks fine, why change it?" I have been very blessed that my mother-in-law has gifted me tons of beautiful decorations, paintings, and furniture, so my home has always looked nice and I've never had to do a thing. I've never bought any decorations, or even painted a room. BUT, when we moved into this home two years ago I looked at the whole thing and said "eh it looks fine, why change it"....except for one thing....my bedroom. Trust me, had it been almost any other color I would have probably never done a thing with it, but it was orange.....bright, dark, ugly ORANGE. Even I knew it was hideous. Fast forward two years and I finally decided to do something about the orange. With the help of my friend Monae, I chose paint for the walls, paint and hardwear for the dresser, a painting for the wall, and a new bedspread. I was beyond proud of myself for even doing that much. Then my friends Monae and Susan helped me paint and now I can say that I have now painted a room. I love the way it all turned out. This may seem like a small accomplishment, but to me it was huge. Maybe in another decade I'll try this again with another room.




8 comments:

Angiegirl said...

So nice, Liz. I love it! The red dresser is awesome.

Tracy Giles said...

I love it!!!

The Allens said...

That looks great! Good job!

Sara and Brad Forbush said...

Seriously I love it! You did a fantastic job! I wish I could come see it in person! We miss you guys! Thanks for finally putting up the pictures... now that its not your birthday month and all you didnt really have an excuse. Ill try to get my pictures up this weekend... haha. try. love ya!

Anne said...

Great job Liz, however, I do miss the crib in the corner. Where did it go? Dad

Tifani said...

Is that dresser red? Wow...you are brave and.......awesome! Go girl.

Anonymous said...

Hi practical document. I did slightly difficulity
observing this informative article onSafari although, unsure precisely why?
Check out my web page ... Cures For Genital Warts

Anonymous said...

This is my first time pay a quick visit at here and
i am actually happy to read all at single place.

Here is my page learn how to increase penis size