Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Jared checks our blog about once a month. In this month's perusal, he observed a shocking lack of pictures of himself. To rectify the situation, I had the babysitter snap this before we went to Jared's work Christmas party. We don't get dressed up very often, so I'm glad we got a picture to document it. Jared's party was fun....aka...free food. The music was loud but good and I even found someone to talk to that wasn't a boring accountant and was even mormon (aka not drunk). We made the rounds to make sure that everyone important saw us there, and then left before people got too drunk. Biggest disappointment of the night: I found the most fabulous desert and was about to go back for 2nds, and 3rds and 4th's(they were served in mini glasses and I could have eaten 10 and not been satisfied) ....when my 'mormon' acquaintance tells me that the little brownie chunks mixed into the fabulous mouse mixture were soaked in alcohol. I'm not sure how you soak a brownie in alcohol without cooking it out, but she seemed to think it's wasn't kosher considering the whole word of wisdom thing. So I reluctantly turned my back on the desert table and just savored the memory of my alcohol soaked brownie/mouse mixture.

Anyway, it was a fun night out with Jared, and we can't wait to get to Idaho to do some more celebrating of this wonderful time of year.

12 comments:

Jessica said...

Ha ha, poor Jared want's to be included eh? Like the family picture. I am sorry that you were told about the alcohol... ignorance is bliss sometimes!

Hilary said...

You look gorgeous! Truly beautiful! That is exactly how Dan's work parties were in San Francisco. Make the rounds, leave before people get too drunk, and hear all the hilarious/ idiotic drunk stories the next day. It sounds like you could have had some stories of your own with the brownies. Sorry you got the news after only one serving.

Tracy Giles said...

That is too funny. You should have pretended like you didn't hear a word she said! Or, I mean, aren't you so glad she told you before you had another one :) You look beautiful! Have fun in Idaho and remember we are going to be a very short drive away from you guys so let us know if you want to do some cross country skiing. Merry Christmas

Bruce said...

You both look so good. It is nice to have a reason to dress up every once in a while! :)

I wish I could have tried the dessert, sounds Heavenly, er maybe not since it was "spiked"! :)

Anonymous said...

Maybe you actually enjoyed the party because you were experiencing a slight buzz from your brownie dessert. I hope you didn't drive home!

Jason, Tiffany, and the Crew said...

Wow Liz, so you like your brownies with a little "kick" eh?! Too funny! Anyhow atleast you two looked great for the evening, even if you did have to re-think just for a moment how important that whole Word of Wisdom thing was to you :) -Tiffany

Lindsey Ricks Benedict said...

You look amazing!! You have such a classy look and the picture is so fun with the black shadow!! And I love that Mia and Mason are in it! I'm sad we missed you guys. I thought of you as we passed Malad on our way to Rexburg.. I don't think you were there yet, but I hope you guys had a wonderful Christmas and enjoy your time in Rexburg!

ps The brownies sound interesting, I have only heard of pot brownies.. are you sure these ones were actually legal? ; )

Jennifer Groves said...

That is hysterical. I did that once with some chocolates that were given to me as a Christmas gift. The label said it contained alcohol. Ignorance is bliss!
You have such a beautiful family.

Jaclyn said...

Look at you all dressed up! You're a Bute!

Jaclyn

Anonymous said...

Too funny! You look GORGEOUS, my favorite niece, Liz!! We wish we could have seen you guys during the holiday. We missed you bigtime at the family party! I LOVE your blog and will be checking back more often! Hello to your wonderful hubby!

Love, Aunt Sophia

The Dunne Family said...

You guys look HOT!! Poor little Mason knows that he about to get ditched though!

tv reviews said...

Good for Jared to check the blog