Monday, February 18, 2008

Here we go again. Broken arm #3.


I was getting the kids ready for bed and looking forward to having a long Saturday evening of laundry and maybe even reading a little when I heard an unusually large thud in the kids room. Long story short....Mason broke his arm. I am very proud of myself...I freaked out considerably less than the last time we rushed a kid to the E.R. for a broken arm (Mia's most recent break was hideous) I am so thankful for wonderful neighbors. Thanks Stacey and Scott for watching Mia. Jared was at work, so I called him and told him to meet me there. It took us both 20 minutes to get there and we pulled in at the exact same time. I was nervous to take him by myself, so I was so glad to see Jared. Mason didn't stop crying for about an hour, but after all the strange doctors stopped touching him he fell right asleep and stayed asleep through the ex-ray. He's a trooper. He keeps trying to climb on things one handed. I had to go rescue him just a minute ago from the bunk beds. He'd climbed up and was stuck hanging on with only one hand. He kept unwrapping the temporary cast, so I'm glad we got the real thing on today. I think between Mia and I telling him how cool it is, we've convinced him to like the cast. He's back to his normal self and it hasn't slowed him down at all.
This is Mason balancing the play dough on his cast because he couldn't figure out how to hold the lid and the cup at the same time.
We've had purple, then pink, and now BLUE! He gets a short cast in three weeks...we'll see what color he wants then.....What fun!....kind of.

14 comments:

Dannenbergs said...

I'll take bloody noses over broken arms, but I am sure our turn will come. I am sorry that happened, what a bummer. Mason be careful with that one good arm. No more monkeys jumping off the bed.

Jessica said...

Ok, so FYI the "See here" post from someone name Jon sends you to get a computer virus!! I almost said OK to install it on my computer when Dan stopped me, it said that it's detected some dangerous spyware on my computer and wants to know if I want to remove it... according to Dan it's called a Trojan horse or something.

ANYWAY, poor Mason and poor Liz... I would have lost it. 3 broken arms, that's more than your fair share I think! Mason's a tuff kid though, I'm sure he'll be fine.

simplycreating said...

so I do believe these are Jared's children. I can't believe all your broken bones. It seems you are becoming experienced at the ER trip. I hope this isn't how the rest of your life is, but with kids you never know.

The Dunne Family said...

I'm glad Jared could go to the ER with you - I really have to say that he should be there since your beautiful children obviously got his gene for dare-devilness!! Oh my gosh - 3 broken bones . . . that's more than some families experience in an entire lifetime! You are definately a trooper too Liz! 3 broken bones and many more trips to the ER, need I say more?

Bruce said...

Oh my goodness. They are following in their Dad's footsteps! :) That is my worst fear for something like that to happen and then I would have to be the "brave" one without Bruce being their to help. Good job at staying calm!

Lindsey Ricks Benedict said...

Your kids crack me up!! I can only bet how proud Jared must be!! ; ) I have a feeling there might be some similar adventures in our future household, but I doubt I will be able to handle it as well as you do.. I'll just keep trying to learn from you while I can! ; )

Jaime And Tyrell said...

Liz so what did he do the superman off the bunk bed. Ya it sounds like you have been to the ER as much as me which is no fun at all. sounds like he is doing good though. Well tell him my boys think his blue cast is pretty cool!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry. Look please here

Jason, Tiffany, and the Crew said...

OK, I think you are officially done with broken arms. Now you are only allowed to have hang nails and scraped knees...right?! Anyhow, I think you two are amazing to have done this 3 times! -Tiffany

Elg Family said...

Life is truly an adventure! I love Masons eyelashes, good thing none of those were broken!
I love you,
Auntie Veanne

Anonymous said...

See HERE

Tracy Giles said...

What a bummer! Poor Mason. I have never broken my arm and I hope that I never do. I would freak out if Lily broke a bone, so I am very proud of you for staying so calm. I love the blue cast!

Jennifer Groves said...

He looks so proud of his cast...as only a boy can right! Hopefully this will be the last (although probably not). Hang in there Mason!

Jake and Annika said...

Poor little guy! Wow, you are quite the busy mom!