Sunday, January 04, 2009

Jared's T-shirt quilt

Now that Jared has seen his T-shirt blanket, I can finally post pictures of it. While Maxine was here earlier this month, she helped the kids and I make a quilt out of Jared's old T-shirts that we've had stored in a box in our closet for seven years. Most of the shirts were from rock-climbing competitions that he won or from cross county meets in high school. I am glad to have the box of shirts gone and I'm excited that the blanket turned out so well. So, here's a few pictures of Maxine in the process of making it and the kids with the final product.


9 comments:

Mandi Ward said...

What a cute idea, I'll have to try it. Can't wait to hear when the baby gets here, Good Luck.

Tracy Giles said...

When is that baby coming!!! I check your blog everyday to see if your little guy has arrived. I'm glad to see that you had a very nice Christmas. We were a little spoiled this year too. I'm so glad Jared is home now, I bet it's nice having him around again. I'll have to ask him a few questions about the D80.

Amy said...

Awesome idea! ...if only I had a bunch of cool t-shirts to remind me of great accomplishments.....dang!

The Allens said...

Fun Christmas...and your quilt looks great! That is a good idea for old T-shirts. Hope your baby comes soon!!

Anonymous said...

Good Blog, I think I want to find me, I will tell my other friends, on all

Brook Wms said...

Horray!! I'm so proud of you for the blanket... (still haven't done mine :( Keep all of us updated on baby... tell Jared he may even have to learn to post so that all of us in suspense can know asap!! :) Good luck

Our Family said...

How fun! Can't wait to see pictures of the new one!

simplycreating said...

Great job on the quilt. I'm finally catching up on the blogging. I'm glad Jared's home, and the baby's here we are praying for you guys. love ya.

Anonymous said...

Skimming help of this revelation I own stumbled upon answers recompense many questions that have been bugging me in place of lengthy time now. Its problematic to on reader close articles on the internet as fat hunk of such publications are invented near people with no proficiency of the dominate. Your monthly is professional and definitively worth recommending. I'll recuperate from chasing to counter representing updates in the expected. [url=http://szkoleniaforex.info/]forex[/url]