Sunday, June 07, 2009

Hail Storm

Today when we left for church it was sunny and warm. When we left church it was dark and just starting to rain huge drops of rain. Three minutes later when we pulled into our parking lot, it was hailing marble size hail stones. Unfortunately Jared is in California and so I had to try to get all our church stuff and all three kids into the house with as little damage as possible. Half way across the parking lot Mason got hit with a huge ball and starting crying hysterically and refused to move. The blanket I had put over Brant's car seat had blown off and he was getting pelted and started crying too. So, while I literally dragged the kids into the house, the hail stones kept getting bigger and bigger and by the time we got inside golf ball size hailstones were coming down. The storm only last a few minutes but I enjoyed watching it from the deck. It took a while to talk the kids into going outside with me, but once I convinced them they weren't going to be attacked again, they enjoyed seeing the big hail stones that were already melting since the sun had come out. I later saw on the news that we also got a tornado here too....COOL!!! I wish I could have seen it (in a I'm glad no one got hurt kinda way). Here are some pictures I took and one of the tornado from the news article about it.




.








































Here are the hail stones that ended up in Brants carseat

8 comments:

Anne said...

And you didn't mention it in our phone conversation? My goodness I've not seen hailstones so huge. Glad you all survived:)
Mom

Angiegirl said...

Good heavens. Those are rocks!

Tifani said...

I can just picture you trying to get your kids in the house while hail is pelting you. That hail is huge!!!!

Danni Slack said...

Liz, I am glad you guys survived the storm. It would have been fun to see, but not too close up. I have missed you, I will try to keep my blog up better so we can stay in touch.

Sara and Brad Forbush said...

Oh my word those are huge!!!!!

The Allens said...

Wow! Those are huge! That is Denver weather for you. Your kids are looking so grown up, especially Mason. All the kids there look so much older. Wish we could have done the preschool with you guys. Looks like fun!

Megan and Eric Barnhurst said...

Crazy! I kind of miss those Denver storms - nothing can beat it. Poor Mason and Brandt, I'm surprised they didn't get bruised up. Stay safe over there!

Rodney Orton said...

Poor Mason, getting hit with a huge hail surely hurts bad. It's just like getting hit with a rock from a very high place at an unimaginable speed. It's a good thing that the storm ended shortly after that, or else, everything would go bananas!