Sunday, October 17, 2010

I can't believe I have an 8 year old!

Mia turned 8 in September and I can't believe I have an eight year old. The first three years of her life she was my little shadow attached to my hip and since Jared worked long hours she really was my little buddy. She tagged along with me everywhere and helped me navigate the 'big city' we just moved to.  I don't think I realized how easy of a child she was till I had my boys (who I adore). Mia has been the easiest child to raise and she constantly teaches me how to be a better person because she just came that way. We love her dearly and are so proud of all she is.


Mia had an "outdoor" party. Let me tell you, this was the best party ever. My sister in law, Karissa, made a cool rock climbing cake. Jared built a rock wall in the back yard, set up a rope bridge, slack line, and zip line and then made it all into an obstacle course that the kids LOVED. He did all the work and I just ordered pizza and chatted with the moms......easiest party ever. Thanks Jared!

This is Karissa helping Mia off the zip line.


Mia has such fabulous friends!
Brant on the zip line.
I can't believe the picture of her blowing out her candle was blurry....grrrr. 

2 comments:

Angiegirl said...

Happy Birthday, Mia! We love you.

Tifani said...

Oh!!!! I love her!