Sunday, May 27, 2007

A few of my favorite things

So, I was lieing in bed after sleeping for seven hours straight and I had to come write this. I am in Malad and it is so nice to wake up to the sound of nothing as opposed to the sound of cars ten feet from your window. The night before I came to Idaho, I slept through the night. I know that seems silly to mention, but it hasn't happened for literally two years and I just had to come put it in writing. I thought that maybe it was a fluke, but Mason has slept through the night almost every night since, and I am a new person! So, I will make this as "cheesyless" as possible for those of you poor friends who actually take the time to read my blog.

A few of my favorite things:

1. IDAHO---the state and more importantly the people who live here and visit here....

2. Sleeping through the night(me and my kids)--no having to pee or roll over with a ten pound baby in my tummy, no nursing, no changing dipers, no changing sheets and wet pjs, no sick kids, no kids with gas or indigestion, no hungry kids, no thirsty kids, no scary dreams...yay!

3. Friends--1. The ones that get me out of bed to go walk every morning and are always there to watch my kids. 2. The ones that have moved away.

4 comments:

The Dunne Family said...

1. I AGREE! I am glad that you put this in writing - every night that I am able to sleep entirely through the night I count as a true blessing ever since I've had our sweet (but not so sweet in the middle of the night) kids.
2. Idaho truly is a great place. There is something very special there aside from the amazing people. Afterall the state song could double up as a beauty pageant runway song!
3. I miss you terribly!

Elg Family said...

Life is so good! Isn't it unreal what brings us mom's so much pleasure! Who would have ever thought that a good nights sleep and an afternoon nap would become priceless!
loves,
Auntie Veanne

simplycreating said...

I also love a good night's rest. Who ever thought we would grow up and cherish sleep so much. I loved seeing you this weekend. I wish the schedule wasn't so crazy. I would have really liked to sit and talk with you more or at least said more than one word, "Hi". Maybe next time, or you could just move back to Idaho. I think I like that idea best!

Tracy Giles said...

Great List! I feel the same way about Laguna Beach! It's home and I miss it so much. I am starting to form a strong attachment to Denver. It's awesome here.