Saturday, March 15, 2008

Happy St. Patty's Day

We went to the Doctor again this week to get the short cast on. The Doctor said we could just get a removable brace fitted to his arm. He warned me that he needed to wear it any time he is active, but the times when he's not active I could take it off. I looked at him like he was crazy and said that he would be wearing it ALL the time except in the bath, and even that would be risky. The Doctor then said we better put the short cast on after all then we'll get the brace in a couple of weeks.
I was surprised that Mason told the Doctor that he wanted a green cast. All week he has said he was going to get a red one and I have told the little voice in the back of my head that thinks red is a girly color to be quiet and let him pick. Well, I like the green one, and it works great for St. Patrick's Day, so we all win.

5 comments:

Tracy Giles said...

Probably a smart choice to get the short cast on :) I saw that the Barnhursts are moving back and we definitely want in on a camping trip! I thought we had so much fun last summer. We need to go again.

Bruce said...

The permanent cast was a wise choice!

You are so funny! Green is a good color! ;)

Hilary said...

I still can't believe how many casts you guys have had. I guess Jared's grinder saw was a wise investment. Love the green.

Jason, Tiffany, and the Crew said...

(in an Irish accent) 'Tis a right fine cast yer boys got there! What was the doc thinken with just a brace? Its a good thing you have the wits about ya to be teachin the doc a thing or two...A right good mum you are! :) Tiffany

Megan and Eric Barnhurst said...

I can't believe you've had 3 broken arms between your two kids already! Congrats to Jared on becoming an official CPA nerd. Eric is a nerd too, endodontics is definitely not what the cool kids do. He gets serious kicks out of his microscope -scary! But at least our nerds are going to provide well for us someday!