Wednesday, May 07, 2008

123

My book guru/cousin Angie tagged me with the following:

1. Pick up the nearest book.

2. Open to page 123.

3. Find the fifth sentence.

4. Post the next three sentences.

5. Tag five people and post a comment to the person who tagged you once you've posted your three sentences.


So here you go Ang: The Mage's Daughter by Lynn Kurland Page 123 sentence 5....

"He looked at her thoughtfully for a moment, then reached for her plate. He set it down on the floor with his, then pulled her close and put his mouth against her ear. "I went inside Gobhann because I wanted you to come out of the dark. With me. Because I love you. Because you were made for more than life in that dreadful place." He sat back. "There. All the reasons."

"But the price you paid~"
"Was worth it," he finished without hesitation. "You Morgan of Melksham, were worth that price." He tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. "Don't you think?"

(Ok, Ok, I know I was only supposed to do three sentences, but I couldn't stop....it was so good. I couldn't believe that part of the book just happened to be on page 123.)

Disclaimer: I kind of cheated because I just grabbed the stack of most recently purchased books on top of my bookshelf that I haven't put away yet and found the one that had the best line on page 123.....it was either do that or choose the hymn book which was techically the closest book to me. (my computer is right next to the piano).

I hereby tag: Heather, Sara, Sherry, Megan, Charlotte.

4 comments:

Angiegirl said...

Oooh, that one gave me chills. What a good part. Yeah, I thought this tag was fun just to see what random good quotes you get.

simplycreating said...

thanks liz I thought this was a lot of fun. I posted mine, but I think I need to read your book!

The Wanbergs said...

You are the first person to ever tag me! I hardly knew what to do with myself. I posted mine, but it was not nearly as exciting as yours.

Jennifer Groves said...

That sounds like a good book...I think I may go pick that one up. I looked at Tracie's post for the book club, and I'm going to read the Twilight series next since you all gave it such rave revues. I trust my friends.