Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Grandpa Crowther's visit

Thanks to everyone who has written and wished us luck while Jared is gone. I keep telling everyone that we are doing great....which we are, but every now and then it is SOOOO nice to be pampered....especially when you are pregnant. My dad is my hero. I can't tell you how wonderful it was to have him hear for five days. Besides keeping the kids entertained 24/7, he cooked, cleaned, did dishes, laundry, cleaned my car inside and out, helped with the shopping, took the garbage out, helped the kids make me breakfast in bed, made caramel popcorn for 60 people for my visiting teaching conference, helped organize my bins of baby stuff....the list goes on and on. He wouldn't let me lift a finger! He reminded me of one of those husbands on TV that once they find out their wife is pregnant they wait on her hand and foot.....except this was real life and he really is amazing!
Here is one of the many trips to the park.
My dad taught Mason how to play baseball. Poor kid had to use Mia's sutff, so yes it is pink, but he sill did great. If you look closely in the 2nd picture you can see the green ball that he hit is in the air.

My dad babysat the kids while I was at one of my many doctors appointments and I came home to find that my dad took the kids on a walk to gather stuff to make a craft. He helped them build these nature crafts....who would have thought my dad was so crafty!

My dad also gave Mia several piano lessons and helped her practice out of her piano books every day. He spent hours playing Diego and board games and read about fifty books to my kids. I can not thank him enough.
Mason and Mia both cried when we dropped him off at the airport. Mason kept saying that he didn't like airports and it wasn't fair. Mia finally suggested we sing the song from the sound of music about our favorite things and when we couldn't remember any more words, she said we should just list our favorite things. Mason said "when Grandpa comes to our house" and then started crying again. He finally calmed down and every few minutes would say 'I don't like it!' If it hadn't been so sad, it would have been hilarious. Thanks again Dad for Everything!!!

14 comments:

Janita said...

Your dad is awesome! I love the crafts too. Good thing I didn't know he was going to Denver...I would have asked him to fly some cats back, ha, ha. I'm still trying to get two cats that were adopted from my rescue group back to Utah (they were dumped by the adopter at a shelter there). Hopefully we'll get them soon though :)

Jaime And Tyrell said...

Your dad sounds like the best!! Looks like he had a lot of fun with your kids and I'm sure they will miss him. How are you doing? Just wondering since you sais you had a lot of Dr. appointments.

At Home! said...

I loved reading about your father. They seem to know just what we need sometimes. What a special man to do all of those detailed surprises and helps. I know that you are doing great, but I still miss you and wish you were closer. The memories you are making will be great treasures. Especially this one, with your dad.

Brook Wms said...

I'm glad you had a chance to rest and be pampered... I wondered where Bob has been lately (haven't seen him at work). Your dad is the greatest... there are sooooo many people I know that respect his opinion. What a great person!! I DEFINATLY agree... Bob rocks!! I'm sure he will miss you all terribly too.. when is baby #3 do? Take care and take it easy :)

Jennifer Groves said...

Dad's are the best...Grandpa's too! I'm glad you were able to get a break and rest for a bit. I'm sure it's hard being a single mom for a couple of months (you are my hero). You're awesome! Hang in there!

simplycreating said...

Yea I'm so glad you had company your dad sounds like my dad. I'm so glad you had help and have such a fun relationship with your dad. The kids costumes look great. Are you on the count down yet?

Mandi Ward said...

Sounds like you've been busy and having fun at the same time. It's neat your Dad was able to be there and help out. When is the baby due again and when do you find out what you are having? Good Luck

Jessica said...

Oh my goodness what an awesome dad you have!! Those crafts are especially impressive. I'm so glad you got pampered, you totally deserve it.

The Allens said...

How great of your dad! That's so nice that you got a bit of a break. Plus it's always nice to have another adult in the house all day. Your kids Halloween costumes are great, sounds like you guys did a lot of fun things! We'll look forward to seeing you guys and your new baby next summer!

Tifani said...

That is one of the sweetest things I have ever heard! What a super dad! I almost cried.
And I cant believe that you guys are out at the park in shorts no less! I am so jealous you have no idea. I miss Denver!

e.brooke said...

What a fabulous man!

You deserve to have such a caring father!!!

I am so glad that you are doing well!

Amy said...

Wow, I'm so impressed with all that your dad did! That's amazing. It's to be expected sometimes from a grandma, but from a grandpa? Seriously! How sweet of him to come help you out.

Tracy Giles said...

Your dad is MY hero! By the way, I've been meaning to call you to set up a play date. Let's get together!

Brook Wms said...

Liz..Honestly I don't know why we can't live closer... I love getting your comments, it's like your reading my thoughts, and they are so funny!! I guess that means I think I'm funny! :( thats pathetic... anyway update!!! need to know how things are going and when Jared gets home.