Monday, October 24, 2011

The Benedict Family Reunion

Our backpacking trip was just the beginning of our Benedict family reunion. Jared's parents rented a huge beautiful cabin in Island Park and we spent the week relaxing. We spent one day seeing Yellowstone. (Can I tell you that the animals there have a sense of humor because they like to go into hiding whenever I am there. I have been to Yellowstone at least 10 times in my life. I have NEVER seen a bear or wolf or moose. Yes the buffalo are cool, but this time we didn't even see a buffalo....NOT ONE. The only thing we saw was elk.) Even though there was a big lack of animal life, we had fun seeing the sights. We spent the other days canoeing, zip-lining, hot tubing, 4-wheeling, and playing. The kids got along SO well (except I think Brant may have punched James in the face once) ooops. Mia was so sad to say goodbye to her cousin Emma. We can't wait to see everyone again next year.























No comments: