Monday, October 24, 2011

Mia and Mason's first day of school

Mia started school a few days before Mason. She was very excited to see all of her friends and start 4th grade......wow, do I have a 4th grader???? Crazy! She likes her teacher but says her class is very naughty.....more so than usual. I feel bad for her poor pregnant teacher. Quick side note: In Kindergarten Mia met 5 girls in her class who all just clicked and were all SO sweet. They were all inseparable. Two of them have moved away but the remaining four have been best friends since Kindergarten. They have never all been in the same class again till this year....much happiness on Mia's part.

Mason went in for his kindergarten pre-testing the next morning. I was worried that he would be nervous with me leaving him because he refused to go with the other kids at the kindergarten night last spring....ah the tears of a kindie. But he was so brave and went all by himself with the other kids to get tested with only a slight look of abandonment.....sigh of relief. Then the first day of school comes and I was praying that he would not cry or have a melt down and refuse to go in (I have been worrying about this day for a long time). I can not believe how great this kid did. He got there and was so excited to play on the monkey bars that everything was right with the world. The bell rang and he lined up and without a care in the world walked into class and has not looked back since. I on the other hand started crying which I really don't EVER do in public so I quickly walked back to the car and finished crying there. I am so proud of him. Every morning he RUNS from the car to the playground; plus he has made some great friends who jump up and down and scream his name when they see him walking up the hill to school every morning. 2 kindergarteners down.....one to go.












No comments: