Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Another Baby!

YAAAAAYYYY!!! #3!!!


(May 17th)
(Warning: too many details may be listed here, so read on at your own risk) Jared has made fun of me so many times over the last year when I've taken a pregnancy test WELL before it would even register even if I was pregnant. So, I was really determined to wait this time....I didn't quite wait the suggested time, but I was close....It didn't do me much good though because even though it was a fancy early pregnancy test that was extremely expensive it came out very inconclusive....Jared thought it was for sure negative and I thought it was for sure positive (wishful thinking on my part since you really couldn't tell). So I waited a WHOLE 24 hours before testing again....this time with my back up stash of cheap-o tests and this time it looked pretty positive to me, but still not as dark as the plus sign on the box....but I was convinced and immediately decided that I FELT pregnant (suddenly I was a little queasy and tired and I could smell things that weren't there(I was convinced that our flour smelled horrible and after I had Jared and two of our neighbors smell it Jared came to the conclusion that I am going insane because no one else could smell it).....I have a very persuasive subconcious). Anyway, 48 hours later I took a third test and this time the plus sign was as dark as could be!

It took me about two minutes after getting a positive reading to sit down to the computer and start looking at baby names.....I went through an entire website for boy and girl names and made a big list of my favorites and then made Jared look at it. (For the record he said that he liked all the names I picked out) Poor Jared he's got 8 more months of my obsession and craziness! Jared was very excited and even more excited when he realized he would be able to take paternity leave during next busy season! Well, I guess thats our news, but I just wanted to share our excitement with everyone!

P.S. I can't stop smiling and couldn't be happier, but did I mention that I'm terrified of having three kids!!!!!




OK, so I wrote all that a few months ago right after we found out, and we thought it was a little early to tell the whole blogging world, so now that we have told our families, I can add to the email and give you all an update since I've been to the doctor and heard the heartbeat and everything. I am three months along and am due in January. Jared has since told me he does not like the names I picked out on the day we found out I was pregnant, and I have since gotten very attatched to them. I guess we'll just have to wait till the ultrasound in August to see what the sex is and then we can fight about names. Until then, I am just glad to be pretty much done with the yucky stage of pregnancy.

22 comments:

Jessica said...

I love the story about your "bad" flour, hilarious. Congrats!!
Hope you are having a fablous time in Idaho but can't wait to have you back.

The Allens said...

That makes the flour story even more funny...and I really didn't smell anything in it. Sorry. I'm so excited for you guys! I'm glad everything is going well!

Mandi Ward said...

Hey Liz, How exciting can't wait to hear what you will be having in January. Jedd and Beccas birthdays are in January. 3 Kids can be a little crazy at times but it's not that bad. Becca is the one that needs all my attention since we had the little guy, she has awful fits, hopefully Mason will be okay.

Angiegirl said...

We are so excited for you. And I'm so glad you're about over the heinousness of the first trimester. Good luck with the names...*evil laugh*

Lindsey said...

Congrats Liz! I haven't seen your kids since they were babies...I couldn't believe how old they are! Yeah for number 3! PS. this is your cousin Lindsey. :)

Stacey said...

Congratulations. I was told that 3 kids puts you over the edge, but I didn't experience that. I'm worried though, now that #4 is coming that this might do it. Hopefully for you, everything will work out perfectly for your family.

Sophia C. said...

Liz, that's wonderful news! Congrats! We're looking forward to seeing you soon!

Love, Aunt Sophia

Jennifer Groves said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you! I love the flour story. Your new little one is so blessed to be coming to your family. Does that mean we are not camping now? :)

Jaime And Tyrell said...

Congrats!! I am excited I was wondering when I saw yo the other day and you said how old Mason ws I was thinking Liz you better get on the baby making train. J/k Well I am happy for you and hope all goes well.

Barbie said...

Hi Liz,
This is your aunt Barbie, and I am excited for you. Don't worry about having three kids, it is a perfect number! I hope to see you soon and congratulate you in person.

Tracy Giles said...

Yippee!!! It's so fun that we are all pregnant at the same time. I'm very excited for you. I know what you mean about names. Tag and I have a hard time seeing eye to eye. When do you guys get back? Well, Congratulations, that is great news :)

Kimbee and Jakester said...

Woot Woot! I am so excited for you guys!!! you know, i heard Kim was a nice name...even some boys use it. :) haha Congrats!

Amy said...

Liz, thanks for your comment on my blog. You are awesome! You really have been doing the scripture thing regularly. Of course, why not?! :) I've actually been at it for two days straight and it's much easier than I anticipated. Seriously - I should have just done it instead of stressing about it :) I'm so excited to find out what you're having! My only advice with baby number 3 is don't expect your house to be clean for 3 months - at all. Just let it go! Although your kids are a little older and will probably be more helpful. Your post is hilarious. Love you!

Tifani said...

Oh ya! I am so sad that i don't get to see your gigantic tummy this time! ha ha. Hopefully this baby will give you a break and not break 10 lb! I hope you are feeling good!
Ya...hello...picking Jesse! What was she thinking. Obviously way more immature than what I thought. Now "D" has a lifetime of "knugs" and "blowin it up" to look forward to. At least she will be "shredding in Breck" What an idiot.

The Dunne Family said...

Congratulations!! I am so excited for you and your kids! I am sure all of you will be in heaven having a new baby in the house. Now having one of each do you have a preferance of boy or girl? We love you guys and can't wait for you!

Hilary said...

Hooray! Congratulations. What wonderful news. Three kids isn't as hard as imagine in your head. It is actually not all that different from two. You will have great helpers. Thanks for the wonderful news.

Dannenbergs said...

Yeah!!! I am so happy for you guys! When your kids let it slip to me I wasn't sure how long I would have to live with such a fun secret. I am glad it wasn't long. :) The baby naming is a lot harder than I ever thought it would be. Good luck to you.

Katie said...

Congratulations! Number three is not bad. Do you remember the way Steve and I handle the baby name issue? I name the girls and he names the boys, and that's it. We do get to veto, but all in all we get the names we choose. Maybe you will be able to con Jared into that deal.

netcampbell said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog. That is so exciting to have number 3. If you need some rest or going for a date let us know. We would love to watch your kids.

Jaclyn said...

Congrats! I am so excited for you.

P.S. Dave is doing good. He said to tell you hi. Rich already has 5 kids and has been married as long as I have. They are doing good. =)

Benedict said...

Hey guys! This is Josh and Natalie (Jared's Cuz).
Congrats! What exciting news!!! Just started this blogging thing a few weeks ago. What a great way to keep intouch!!! Congrats again!!!

Lindsey Ricks Benedict said...

Congratulations!! We are super excited for you guys!! I can't wait to hear all the names! And super funny about the pg tests.. who knew peeing on a stick could be so fun! ; )