Friday, December 19, 2008

Grandma Benedict's visit

Jared's mom came to visit last week and we definately put her to work. I had a huge project that I wanted to do for Jared's Christmas present and I hadn't a clue how to do it, so she practially did it for me. It turned out great and I can't wait for him to see. Unfortunately he checks the blog every now and again so I can't post the pics of it yet, but needless to say my mother-in-law spent countless hours working on it and being very patient with me and my non-crafty skills. Thanks to her, it turned out better than we could have hoped. Between that and playing with the kids I think we wore her out. I can't tell you how nice it has been to have help the last month. Since I go to the doctor three times a week, I've kinda overused my babysitters and Maxine was here to save me since in addition to my doctors visits I also had some long meetings to go to that I couldn't take the kids too.....Thank you Thank you mom. Plus, my tub and kitchen sink have never been so clean and the kids are still talking about all the fun things she brought for them to do and play with. But I still can't decide if the best part of the week was the FABULOUS foot rub she gave me or the AMAZING rolls she made. It's a toss up....THANKS MOM!
Here's Mia at the ward Christmas party.....Maxine saved me again here....She took Mia to see Santa while I was out in the hall with Mason who had blood GUSHING from his mouth (he tripped and bashed his lip on a chair.) Luckily Mia was still able to see Santa.....How do single mom's do it all????....I guess their kids just don't always get to see Santa.

The first night Maxine was here we made a stop at Walmart and got TONS of Christmas decorations.... because we've always gone home for Christmas and haven't invested too much into decorations of our own. Then we went to a tree lot and picked out a real tree. It was so much fun and we couldn't have done it without mom's help...I'm sure the guys at the tree lot would have just laughed if I had come by myself with my big belly!

Mom and the kids did a great job of decorating it.

6 comments:

Amy said...

Cute pictures. Oh, I love Aunt Maxine! She's so great! Send her my way next.

Jaime And Tyrell said...

Looks loke you have had a lot of help with visitors lately so I hope your husband is coming home soon and I think you should post a picture of your belly just a thought.

Brook Wms said...

Oh! LIzzie Lou!! When does Jared get home?!... I'm glad to see you are hanging in there! I hope you are feeling decent.
I hear you about the single mom thing- Since Shawn has gone and been back from Iraq, I'm a single mom a lot because of his work :( It really makes ya appreciate them and all of their HARD crazy work!!
What are you doing for Christmas again??

emily said...

i hope it's alright that i stumbled across your blog. reads like life is good with lots of fun times. i'm glad all is well!!
emily hansen ... courage

Anonymous said...

After reading the information, I may have different views, but I do think this is good BLOG!

Anonymous said...

Although there are differences in content, but I still want you to establish Links, I do not know how you advice!
Cargo Net