Monday, April 16, 2007

Kids

Mia is growing up so fast. She is starting to take things into her own hands when I am not available. The last few days while I've been putting Mason down for his nap, Mia has been hungry. First she took a new, unopened bag of cereal off the top of the fridge(which was quite a feat/balancing act) using her little rocking chair to climb on. While she was on the counter, she got my scissors and made a complete circle cut around the MIDDLE of the bag. Granted the cereal makers don't always fill the bags totally full....but the middle....thats asking for trouble. There was a large pan on the counter that I had sat there to dry, so Mia improvised and somehow got all the overflow to go in there and then took what she wanted for a snack. I was so proud that she hadn't made a gigantic mess that I just had to laugh and say good job. Although later I realized that she had used the top half of the cereal bag for a little craft time. She took the scissors and shreaded it into tiny pieces all over the living room. Other random food items that I have found out lately include: hot dogs, tortillas, bread... the list goes on. In the case of sealed items, she finds it easier to climb up and get my scissors than to figure out how to open it the intended way. I find a lot of shreaded packages in my kitchen.

It's official. Mason is no longer a baby. He is 18 months old and can now go to nursery. For some reason I've kept the notion in my head that he's still a baby till he goes to nursery. Well, last week was his first day and I have to admit, I thought it would be harder for me than him. I dropped him off and he was just fine. I watched for several minutes through the window and except for a few tears that stopped even before I could rush back in and "save" him, he seemed fine. I have to admit that if I had been alone, I would have cried. I can't believe how grown up my baby is. I checked on him after relief society and he was happy so I went off to young womens thinking maybe this would be easy....twenty minutes later I saw Jared out in the hall with him. I went out and even though Mason wasn't crying, I could tell he had been for a really long time because he was still doing that breathing thing where it seems like they are trying to catch their breath...you moms know. Anyway, I guess the nursery leader said he had been crying off and on the whole time... =( I was heart broken and Jared said he'd never send him back. Jared is a little overprotective when it comes to our kids...its actually kind of cute...and Jared rarely does cute. Well, I guess all we can do is hope things are better next week.

1 comment:

simplycreating said...

What an creative child Mia is, she reminds me of Logan. He always figures out a way to get what he wants. I totally understand the nursery feeling. You're so excited for your freedom, to actually sit through a lesson, but that just means your baby is growing up. Nursery is a big adjustment for everyone. Good Luck!