Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Mia's First Boyfriend

I've mentioned in the past that Mia takes gymnastics at the local rec center. Well, its been quite the productive class and not just because she can already do more gynastics that I ever could, but also because she now has her first boyfriend! His name is Grant and he is the only boy in their class of four girls. Mia has known him for about six months from the gymnastics class, but it wasn't official till this last week. We were at the park playing with Abby, who is also in the class, and Grant happened to be there too. Grant came up to Mia and told her that she was his girlfriend and he was her boyfriend. Mia was really excited and came and told me the whole story. Grant kept running by her saying "hi girlfriend." They played together for about an hour and were really cute. I asked her afterwards what it meant that she was his girlfriend. She said that they were getting married. I told her that kids don't get married and she gave me a duh mom look and told me that they weren't getting married now, but when they grow up they will. I asked her what they do till then. She said,"we just play together." Today was the first gymnastics class since the park, and I knew that Mia was excited to see him. I didn't know if Grant would remember that he had a girlfriend now, but he did. They stood in line together and talked together. Every week after class, Grant helps the coach clean up all the mats and equipment (what a gentleman). This week Mia helped him put all the stuff away. It was really cute! She must have gotten her skills from Jared; I'm sure I was quite awkward with boys till...well, I guess I still am.

Sueann, Abby's mom, took these pictures today in class. Cute!

9 comments:

Amy Stanger said...

How cute! I so glad you have a blog! It'll be fun to peek into your world here and there! I love your little rock climbers.

Megan and Eric Barnhurst said...

I guess she isn't marrying my Mason now? He'll be crushed! I guess you can't count my Mason as her first boyfriend because he never reciprocated the feelings she had for him - he missed out!

Jake and Annika said...

You can't blame her for having a boyfriend when she looks like her Mom! There are sure to be many, many more.
-Annika
(Just thought I'd clarify since my user name is Annika and Jake...)

Bruce said...

That is too funny! What a cute story for her to hear as she gets older. I too am excited that you have a blog.

-Elisa

Jason, Tiffany, and the Crew said...

Too cute! I'm sure this is just the first of many little boyfriends in Mia's life! -Tiffany

Hilary said...

Wow- you are going to watch out for her. What cute pictures. Good luck with the wedding.

simplycreating said...

What a cute couple:)! I wish we were all still so young and innocent. Let me know if you need any help planning the reception.

Lindsey Ricks Benedict said...

Too adorable!! How much easier would single life have been if it were only that simple?! ;)

Tracy Giles said...

She is so cute! I love the pictures of them together. They are priceless.