Monday, June 11, 2007

Trip to Idaho part 2


We spent the last few days of our trip in Malad. Memorial Day has always been a big tradition day for my family. My Dad makes huge boquets from the flowers in his yard and then we load them up in the cars and take them to the cemetary to put on my brother's and grandpa's graves. As a kid it was an honor to be allowed to ride in the back of the station wagon to hold all the flowers and to be entrusted with not letting any of them tip over. Mia got to help with that this year by holding the pink rose boquet she helped make. We also had our trational cook out on the deck and croquet game which I never win.
Mason was obsessed with the horses this trip. He spent every moment he could with them. He tried sneaking into the corral several times and even succeded once for a brief moment till grandma pulled him back out. He took his first solo ride and threw a major tantrum every time he had to get off. He also was very brave when it came to feeding them. I am always scared they will nip my fingers, but he sticks his hand right up to their mouths and gives them grass.

Mason is not thrilled that I am making him get out of the corral.

1 comment:

Jake and Annika said...

What a neat tradition to share with your kids!